1. any cohesive unit such as a military company
Definition categories: group, unit
2. a set of clothing (with accessories)
Similar word(s): getup, rig, turnout
Definition categories: man–made, attire, dress, garb
3. gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose
Similar word(s): kit
Definition categories: man–made, appurtenance, gear, paraphernalia
Sentences with outfit as a noun:
- She wore a fashionable outfit with matching purse and shoes.
- Should we buy it here, or do you think the outfit across town will have a better deal?
1. provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose
Similar word(s): equip, fit
Definition categories: possession, furnish, provide, render, supply
Sentences with outfit as a verb:
- "The expedition was outfitted with proper clothing, food, and other necessities"