1. An expression of one's own physical pain.
- Ouch! You stepped on my toe! That hurt!
2. An expression in sympathy at another's pain.
- Ouch! Her sunburn looks awful.
3. A reply to an insult (frequently one that is tongue-in-cheek or joking).
- Ouch. How could you say that?
4. An expression of disappointment.
- Ouch, I really wanted to do that.
5. (slang) Expressing surprise at the high price of something.
- Ouch, one hundred thousand dollars for a car! I could never afford that!
1. Alternative form of ouche