1. Deprived of parents (also orphaned).
- She is an orphan child.
2. (by extension, figuratively) Remaining after the removal of some form of support.
- With its government funding curtailed, the gun registry became an orphan program.
1. a child who has lost both parents
2. someone or something who lacks support or care or supervision
3. the first line of a paragraph that is set as the last line of a page or column
4. a young animal without a mother
1. deprive of parents
Sentences with orphan as a verb:
- What do you do when you come across two orphaned polar bear cubs?
- When you removed that image tag, you orphaned the resized icon.
- Removing categories orphans pages from the main category tree.