1. Expression of surprise.
- Oh! I didn't see you there.
2. Expression of wonder, amazement, or awe.
- Oh, wow! That's amazing.
3. Expression of understanding, recognition, or realization.
- Oh, so that's how it works.
4. A word to precede an offhand or annoyed remark.
- Oh, leave me alone.
5. A word to precede an added or comment or afterthought.
- Oh, and don't forget your coat.
6. An invocation or address (similar to the vocative in languages with noun declension), often with a tern of endearment.
- Oh, gosh
- Oh, baby
7. Exclamation for drama or emphasis (often poetic).
- Oh, when will it end?
8. Expression of pain. See ouch.
- Oh! That hurt.
9. Space filler or extra syllable, especially in (popular) music.
- oh, oh, oh
10. (interrogative) Expression of mild scepticism
- "You should watch where you're going!" "Oh?"
1. a midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region
Similar word(s): ohio
Definition categories: location
2. the letter O, o (more commonly spelled o)
3. the digit 0 (especially in representations of speech)
- My telephone number is four-double-three-two-oh-nine.
4. An utterance of oh; a spoken expression of surprise, acknowledgement, etc.
1. (intransitive) To utter the interjection oh; to express surprise, etc.