1. not divisible by two
Similar word(s): uneven
2. not easily explained
- it is odd that his name is never mentioned
Similar word(s): unusual
3. an indefinite quantity more than that specified
- invited 30-odd guests
Similar word(s): inexact
4. strange, unusual.
- had an odd name
5. of the remaining member of a pair
- an odd glove
6. not used up
- some odd dollars left
Sentences with odd as an adjective:
- Optimistically, he had a corner of a drawer for odd socks.
- She slept in, which was very odd.
- but for the odd exception
- I'm the odd one out.
- He's only worked odd jobs.
- There were thirty-odd people in the room.
- The product of odd numbers is also odd.