1. come to pass
- Nothing occurred that seemed important
Definition categories: change
2. come to one's mind; suggest itself
- It occurred to me that we should hire another secretary
Similar word(s): come
3. to be found to exist
- sexism occurs in many workplaces
- precious stones occur in a large area in Brazil
Sentences with occur as a verb:
- The liftoff will occur in exactly twelve seconds.
- I will write if the opportunity occurs.
- The chemical monofluoroacetate occurs in all parts of Dichapetalum cymosum, and is responsible for its toxic effects.