1. occurring from time to time
- took an occasional glass of wine
Similar word(s): infrequent
2. occurring or appearing at usually irregular intervals
- occasional headaches
3. occurring on a temporary or irregular basis
- an occasional worker
4. recurring or reappearing from time to time
Sentences with occasional as an adjective:
- He was mostly solitary, but enjoyed the occasional visitor.
- He took an occasional glass of wine.
- Elgar's music was not created to be occasional music for high-school graduations.
- What your living room needs are some occasional chairs.
- He is an occasional contributor to letters to the editor.