1. the act of expressing earnest opposition or protest
2. the speech act of objecting
Definition categories: communication
3. the act of protesting; a public (often organized) manifestation of dissent
4. (law) a procedure whereby a party to a suit says that a particular line of questioning or a particular witness or a piece of evidence or other matter is improper and should not be continued and asks the court to rule on its impropriety or illegality.
Sentences with objection as a noun:
- I have no objection to any person's religion.