1. game in which matchsticks are arranged in rows and players alternately remove one or more of them; in some versions the object is to take the last remaining matchstick on the table and in other versions the object is to avoid taking the last remaining matchstick on the table
Definition categories: act
1. (obsolete, transitive) To take (in all senses); to seize.
2. (obsolete, intransitive) To take one's way; to go.
3. (archaic, slang, transitive) To filch, steal.
4. (intransitive, Britain dialectal) To walk with short, quick strides; trip along.