1. not ever; at no time in the past or future
- I have never been to China
- I shall never forget this day
- had never seen a circus
2. not at all; certainly not; not in any circumstances
- never fear
- bringing up children is never easy
- that will never do
Sentences with never as an adverb:
- I finally finished, and I never want to do that again.
- I repeated the test a hundred times, and never saw a positive result.
- I will never tell.
- The police say I stole the car, but I never did it.
- You said you were going to mow the lawn today. – I never!