1. a structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young
Definition categories: object
2. a kind of gun emplacement
- a machine-gun nest
- a nest of snipers
Definition categories: man–made
3. a cosy or secluded retreat
4. a gang of people (criminals or spies or terrorists) assembled in one locality
- a nest of thieves
5. furniture pieces made to fit close together
Definition categories: man–made, furniture
Sentences with nest as a noun:
- That nightclub is a nest of strange people!
- I am aspiring to leave the nest.
- I was forced to change trumps when I found the ace, jack, and nine of diamonds in the nest.
1. inhabit a nest, usually after building
- birds are nesting outside my window every Spring
2. fit together or fit inside
- nested bowls
3. move or arrange oneself in a comfortable and cozy position
4. gather nests
Sentences with nest as a verb:
- We loved the new house and were nesting there in two days!
- I bought a set of nesting mixing bowls for my mother.
- There would be much more room in the attic if you had nested all the empty boxes.