1. any bundle of nerve fibers running to various organs and tissues of the body
Definition categories: body, fascicle, fasciculus
2. the courage to carry on
Similar word(s): heart, mettle
Definition categories: attribute, braveness, bravery, courage, courageousness
3. impudent aggressiveness
Similar word(s): boldness, brass, cheek, face
Definition categories: attribute, aggressiveness
Sentences with nerve as a noun:
- The nerves can be seen through the skin.
- Some plants have ornamental value because of their contrasting nerves
- He hasn't the nerve to tell her he likes her, what a wimp!
- He had the nerve to enter my house uninvited.
- Ellie had a bad case of nerves before the big test.
1. get ready for something difficult or unpleasant
Similar word(s): steel
Definition categories: emotion, brace, poise
Sentences with nerve as a verb:
- May their example nerve us to face the enemy.
- The liquor nerved up several of the men after their icy march.