1. completely unclothed
- naked from the waist up
2. having no protecting or concealing cover
- naked to mine enemies
3. (of the eye or ear e.g.) without the aid of an optical or acoustical device or instrument
- visible to the naked eye
Similar word(s): unassisted
4. devoid of elaboration or diminution or concealment; bare and pure
- naked ambition
5. lacking any cover
- naked branches of the trees
- lie on the naked rock
Similar word(s): bare
Sentences with naked as an adjective:
- She was as naked as the day she was born.
- This is the naked truth.
- The naked facts lay there on the table, enclosed within the files.
- The tendrils of the naked flame stretched into the skies.
- I entered her naked and came in her too.
- I feel naked without my mobile phone.
1. simple past tense and past participle of nake