1. marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience
- a teenager's naive ignorance of life
- the naive assumption that things can only get better
- this naive simple creature with wide friendly eyes so eager to believe appearances
2. of or created by one without formal training; simple or naive in style
4. lacking information or instruction
5. not initiated; deficient in relevant experience
- he took part in the experiment as a naive subject
Sentences with naive as an adjective:
- Surely you're not naive enough to believe adverts!
- I've always liked the naive way in which he ignores all the background detail.