1. that being which is oneself
- I am not myself today.
1. (reflexive) Me, as direct or indirect object the speaker as the object of a verb or preposition, when the speaker is also the subject. [from 9th c.]
- I taught myself.
2. Personally, for my part; used in apposition to I, sometimes for simple emphasis and sometimes with implicit exclusion of any others performing the activity described. [from 10th c.]
3. Me (as the object of a verb or preposition). [from 10th c.]
4. (archaic) I (as the subject of a verb). [from 14th c.]