1. Having characteristics like those of a mushroom, for example in shape or appearance, speed of growth, or texture.
- mushroom cloud
1. common name for an edible agaric (contrasting with the inedible toadstool)
2. mushrooms and related fleshy fungi (including toadstools, puffballs, morels, coral fungi, etc.)
3. any of various fleshy fungi of the subdivision Basidiomycota consisting of a cap at the end of a stem arising from an underground mycelium
4. a large cloud of rubble and dust shaped like a mushroom and rising into the sky after an explosion (especially of a nuclear bomb)
5. fleshy body of any of numerous edible fungi
Sentences with mushroom as a noun:
- Some mushrooms are edible and taste good, while others are poisonous and taste foul.
1. pick or gather mushrooms
- We went mushrooming in the Fall
2. grow and spread fast
- The problem mushroomed
Sentences with mushroom as a verb:
- The town’s population mushroomed from 10,000 to 110,000 in five years.
- We used to go mushrooming in the forest every weekend.