1. a commercially prepared mixture of dry ingredients
Similar word(s): premix
2. an event that combines things in a mixture
- a gradual mixture of cultures
Similar word(s): mixture
3. the act of mixing together
- paste made by a mix of flour and water
- the mixing of sound channels in the recording studio
Sentences with mix as a noun:
- Now add the raisins to the mix.
- My recipe file was now a mix of meat and dairy.
- The combination of classical music and hip hop is a surprisingly good mix.
- The rhythm mix sounds muddy.
- I've almost finished the mix for this song.
1. mix together different elements
Definition categories: change
2. open (a place) to members of all races and ethnic groups
Definition categories: social
3. combine (electronic signals)
- mixing sounds
4. add as an additional element or part
- mix water into the drink
5. to bring or combine together or with something else
6. mix so as to make a random order or arrangement
Sentences with mix as a verb:
- Mix the eggs and milk with the flour until the consistency is smooth.
- to mix business with pleasure
- Don't mix the meat recipes with the dairy recipes.
- Mix the egg whites until they are stiff.
- I'll mix the rhythm tracks down to a single track.
- I'm almost done mixing this song.