1. a person authorized to conduct religious worship
- clergymen are usually called ministers in Protestant churches
2. a person appointed to a high office in the government
- Minister of Finance
3. a diplomat representing one government to another; ranks below ambassador
4. the job of a head of a government department
Definition categories: act
Sentences with minister as a noun:
- The minister said a prayer on behalf of the entire congregation.
- He was newly appointed to be Minister of the Interior.
1. attend to the wants and needs of others
- I have to minister to my mother all the time
2. work as a minister
- She is ministering in an old parish
Sentences with minister as a verb:
- A newspaper headline: Couple leaves business world to minister to inner-city children