1. containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal
- a metallic compound
- metallic luster
- the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades
1. any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
2. a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten
Similar word(s): alloy
Sentences with metal as a noun:
- We have American Airlines tickets, but it's on British Airways metal.