1. the flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food
Definition categories: food
2. the inner and usually edible part of a seed or grain or nut or fruit stone
Similar word(s): kernel
Definition categories: plant
3. the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
Sentences with meat as a noun:
- Is that meat halal to eat?
- The apple looked fine on the outside, but the meat was not very firm.
- The butchery's profit rate on various meats varies greatly.
- We recruited him right from the meat of our competitor.
- He hit it right on the meat of the bat.
- Throw it in here, meat.