1. strongly marked; easily noticeable
- walked with a marked limp
2. singled out for notice or especially for a dire fate
- a marked man
Similar word(s): conspicuous
3. having or as if having an identifying mark or a mark as specified; often used in combination
- played with marked cards
- a scar-marked face
- well-marked roads
Sentences with marked as an adjective:
- The eighth century BC saw a marked increase in the general wealth of Cyprus.
- e.g. in author and authoress, the latter is marked for its gender by a suffix.
1. simple past tense and past participle of mark