1. of or relating to the sea
- marine explorations
2. relating to or involving ships or shipping or navigation or seamen
- marine insurance
3. of or relating to military personnel who serve both on land and at sea (specifically the U.S. Marine Corps)
- marine barracks
4. relating to or characteristic of or occurring on or in the sea
5. native to or inhabiting the sea
- marine plants and animals such as seaweed and whales
Similar word(s): aquatic
1. a member of the United States Marine Corps
Similar word(s): leatherneck
2. a soldier who serves both on shipboard and on land
Sentences with marine as a noun:
- He was a marine in World War II.
- He fought with the Marines in World War II.