1. exerting shrewd or devious influence especially for one's own advantage
- his manipulation of his friends was scandalous
Similar word(s): use
2. the action of touching with the hands (or the skillful use of the hands) or by the use of mechanical means
Similar word(s): handling
Sentences with manipulation as a noun:
- The dealer's manipulations could have removed cards from the deck.
- After a few minutes of manipulation each week, she obtained days of relief from her neck pain.
- He found that the new manager was known for his Machiavellian manipulations in his last two positions.
- The counselor was able to reach the disturbed teen through positive psychological manipulation.