1. a clear appearance
- a manifestation of great emotion
2. a manifest indication of the existence or presence or nature of some person or thing
- a manifestation of disease
3. an appearance in bodily form (as of a disembodied spirit)
Similar word(s): materialization
4. expression without words
5. a public display of group feelings (usually of a political nature)
Similar word(s): demonstration
Sentences with manifestation as a noun:
- The last known manifestation of the ghost was over ten years ago.
- This particular manifestation resembled a young girl crying.