1. a public area set aside as a pedestrian walk
Similar word(s): promenade
2. mercantile establishment consisting of a carefully landscaped complex of shops representing leading merchandisers; usually includes restaurants and a convenient parking area; a modern version of the traditional marketplace
- they spent their weekends at the local malls
Definition categories: man–made, outlet
Sentences with mall as a noun:
- pedestrian mall
1. To beat with a mall, or mallet; to beat with something heavy; to bruise.
2. To build up with the development of shopping malls.
3. (informal) To shop at the mall.