1. one of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping: arm; leg; wing; flipper
2. any of the main branches arising from the trunk or a bough of a tree
3. (astronomy) the circumferential edge of the apparent disc of the sun or the moon or a planet
4. either of the two halves of a bow from handle to tip
- the upper limb of the bow
5. the graduated arc that is attached to an instrument for measuring angles
- the limb of the sextant
Definition categories: man–made, arc
6. any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm
Definition categories: man–made, projection
Sentences with limb as a noun:
- solar limb
1. To remove the limbs from an animal or tree.
- They limbed the felled trees before cutting them into logs.
2. To supply with limbs.