1. (computing) of a computer system that has been in service for many years and that a business still relies upon, even though it is becoming expensive or difficult to maintain
2. left behind; old or no longer in active use
- They expect it to take years to process and import all the legacy data.
- A legacy number or legacy identifier means a number no longer in use (for a document, for example)."
1. (law) a gift of personal property by will
Similar word(s): bequest
Sentences with legacy as a noun:
- John Muir left as his legacy an enduring spirit of respect for the environment.
- Because she was a legacy, her mother's sorority rushed her.