1. a human limb; commonly used to refer to a whole limb but technically only the part of the limb between the knee and ankle
2. a structure in animals that is similar to a human leg and used for locomotion
3. one of the supports for a piece of furniture
Definition categories: man–made, support
4. a part of a forked or branching shape
5. the limb of an animal used for food
6. a prosthesis that replaces a missing leg
Similar word(s): peg
Definition categories: man–made, prosthesis
7. a cloth covering consisting of the part of a pair of trousers that covers a person's leg
Definition categories: man–made
8. (nautical) the distance traveled by a sailing vessel on a single tack
9. a section or portion of a journey or course
Similar word(s): stage
Sentences with leg as a noun:
- Dan won't be able to come to the party, since he broke his leg last week and is now on crutches.
- The left leg of these jeans has a tear.
- After six days, we're finally in the last leg of our cross-country trip.
- the legs of a chair or table
1. To put a series of three or more options strikes into the stock market.
2. To remove the legs from an animal carcass.
3. To build legs onto a platform or stage for support.