1. coming at a subsequent time or stage
2. at or toward an end or late period or stage of development
- a later symptom of the disease
- later medical science could have saved the child
Sentences with later as an adjective:
- Jim was later than John.
- The Victorian era is a later period of English history than the Elizabethan era.
- The meeting was adjourned to a later date.
1. happening at a time subsequent to a reference time
- he's going to the store but he'll be back here later
2. at some eventual time in the future
- I'll see you later
3. comparative of the adverb `late'
- he stayed later than you did
Sentences with later as an adverb:
- You came in late yesterday and today you came in even later.
- My roommate arrived first. I arrived later.
- I arrived later than my roommate.
- I wanted to do it now, but I'll have to do it later.
1. (slang) See you later; goodbye.
- Later, dude.
2. (slang) Dismissive term to minimize importance of an annoying persons.