1. continuing or enduring without marked change in status or condition or place
2. existing for a long time
- a long-lasting friendship
3. retained; not shed
Similar word(s): persistent
4. lasting a long time without change
- a lasting relationship
Similar word(s): stable
Sentences with lasting as an adjective:
- After World War One it was hoped that a lasting peace had been achieved. It hadn't.
1. continuance; endurance
2. A durable woollen material formerly used for women's shoes; everlasting.
3. The act or process of shaping on a last.
1. present participle of last