1. a fleshy wrinkled and often brightly colored fold of skin hanging from the neck or throat of certain birds (chickens and turkeys) or lizards
Similar word(s): wattle
2. a small lap on a garment or headdress
3. medium-sized hairy moths; larvae are lappet caterpillars
Sentences with lappet as a noun:
- Some vultures have lappets of bare flesh on the sides of the head.
- Tompot blennies are distinguished by a pair of lappets above the eyes and dark stripes along the body.
1. (transitive) To decorate with, or as if with, lappets.