1. (agriculture, countable) A process of soil compaction that serves to break up clods and level a field.
- ploughings and ladderings
2. (uncountable) An interview technique developed in the 1960s in which the interviewer systematically drills down for greater detail at each step.
3. (uncountable) An investment strategy where the investment is spread over multiple bonds or term deposits with rolling maturity dates.
4. (uncountable) A regular pattern of oligonucleotide sizes on electrophoretic gels, resulting from the fragmentation of DNA strands during cell death.
5. (uncountable) An irregular fracture pattern that arises from uneven drying.
1. present participle of ladder