1. hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella
Similar word(s): genu
2. joint between the femur and tibia in a quadruped; corresponds to the human knee
Similar word(s): stifle
3. the part of a trouser leg that provides the cloth covering for the knee
Definition categories: man–made
Sentences with knee as a noun:
- Penny was wearing a miniskirt, so she skinned her exposed knees when she fell.
- To make a knee.
1. (transitive, archaic) To kneel to.
2. (transitive) To poke or strike with the knee.