1. showing or motivated by sympathy and understanding and generosity
- kindly criticism
- a kindly act
2. pleasant and agreeable
- a kindly climate
- kindly breeze
Sentences with kindly as an adjective:
- A kindly old man sits on the park bench every afternoon feeding pigeons.
1. in a kind manner or out of kindness
- He spoke kindly to the boy
- she kindly overlooked the mistake
Sentences with kindly as an adverb:
- He kindly offered to take us to the station in his car.
- I don't take kindly to threats.
- Aunt Daisy didn't take it kindly when we forgot her anniversary.