1. having or showing a tender and considerate and helpful nature; used especially of persons and their behavior
- kind to sick patients
- a kind master
- kind words showing understanding and sympathy
2. agreeable, conducive to comfort
- a dry climate kind to asthmatics
- hot summer pavements are anything but kind to the feet
3. tolerant and forgiving under provocation
- our neighbor was very kind about the window our son broke
Sentences with kind as an adjective:
- a kind man; a kind heart
- The years have been kind to Richard Gere; he ages well.
- a horse kind in harness
1. a category of things distinguished by some common characteristic or quality
- what kinds of desserts are there?
2. a temporary substitution.
- the stick served as a kind of baseball bat for our game.
Sentences with kind as a noun:
- What kind of a person are you?
- This is a strange kind of tobacco.
- The opening served as a kind of window.
- I'll pay in kind for his insult.