1. a style of jazz played by big bands popular in the 1930s; flowing rhythms but less complex than later styles of jazz
Similar word(s): swing
Sentences with jive as a noun:
- Don’t give me that jive. I know where you were last night.
1. dance to jive music; dance the jive
Sentences with jive as a verb:
- Don’t try to jive me! I know where you were last night!
- You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life; ooh, see that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the dancing queen! (ABBA, "Dancing Queen")