1. belonging to a thing by its very nature
- form was treated as something intrinsic, as the very essence of the thing
2. situated within or belonging solely to the organ or body part on which it acts
- intrinsic muscles
Similar word(s): internal
Sentences with intrinsic as an adjective:
- the intrinsic value of gold or silver
- the intrinsic merit of an action
1. (computing, programming) A built-in function that is implemented directly by the compiler, without any intermediate call to a library.
2. (video games) An ability possessed by a character and not requiring any external equipment.
- You can acquire the fire-resistance intrinsic by eating dragon meat.