1. the questioning of a person (or a conversation in which information is elicited); often conducted by journalists
- my interviews with teenagers revealed a weakening of religious bonds
2. a conference (usually with someone important)
Sentences with interview as a noun:
- The reporter gave the witness an interview.
- It was a dreadful interview; I have no hope of getting the job.
1. conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
Similar word(s): question
2. discuss formally with (somebody) for the purpose of an evaluation
- We interviewed the job candidates
3. go for an interview in the hope of being hired
- The job candidate interviewed everywhere
Sentences with interview as a verb:
- He interviewed the witness.
- The witness was interviewed.