1. occurring at the beginning
- took the initial step toward reconciliation
Similar word(s): first
Sentences with initial as an adjective:
- Our initial admiration for their efficiency gave way to disgust about their methods.
- The initial stages of a syndrome may differ vastly from the final symptoms.
- The initial letter of names is usually printed with a capital letter.
1. the first letter of a word (especially a person's name)
- he refused to put the initials FRS after his name
Sentences with initial as a noun:
- You can get your initials printed at the top.