1. (sometimes followed by `to') minor or casual or subordinate in significance or nature or occurring as a chance concomitant or consequence
- incidental expenses
- the road will bring other incidental advantages
- extra duties incidental to the job
2. not of prime or central importance
3. occurring with or following as a consequence
- snags incidental to the changeover in management
Sentences with incidental as an adjective:
- That character, though colorful, is incidental to the overall plot.
1. (frequently plural) an expense not budgeted or not specified
- he requested reimbursement of $7 for incidental expenses
2. an item that is incidental
Sentences with incidental as a noun:
- She's costing us a lot in incidentals.