1. occurring at or characteristic of a formal investiture or induction
- the President's inaugural address
- an inaugural ball
2. serving to set in motion
- the magazine's inaugural issue
Sentences with inaugural as an adjective:
- 2009 was the inaugural season for New York Yankees' new stadium.
1. an address delivered at an inaugural ceremony (especially by a United States president)
2. the ceremonial induction into a position
- the new president obviously enjoyed his inauguration
Similar word(s): inauguration
Sentences with inaugural as a noun:
- The inaugural of the President will take place in March.