1. the state of not being susceptible
2. (medicine) the condition in which an organism can resist disease
Similar word(s): resistance
3. the quality of being unaffected by something
- immunity to criticism
4. an act exempting someone
- he was granted immunity from prosecution
Similar word(s): exemption
Sentences with immunity as a noun:
- Some people have better immunity to diseases than others.
- The prosecutor offered the lieutenant immunity for all the crimes he would testify having known to be planned by the elusive drug baron.
- After winning the last round the player was granted immunity which allowed him to stay in the game even after receiving the least amount of points.