1. relating to the condition of immunity
- the immune system
2. secure against
- immune from taxation as long as he resided in Bermuda
- immune from criminal prosecution
Similar word(s): exempt
3. relating to or conferring immunity (to disease or infection)
4. (usually followed by `to') not affected by a given influence
- immune to persuasion
Similar word(s): unaffected
Sentences with immune as an adjective:
- As a diplomat, you are immune from prosecution.
- I am immune to chicken pox.
- Alas, he was immune to my charms.
- We examined the patient's immune response.
1. a person who is immune to a particular infection
1. (rare, transitive) To make immune.