1. form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case
Definition categories: creation
2. expect, believe, or suppose
- I imagine she earned a lot of money with her new novel
Sentences with imagine as a verb:
- Try to imagine a pink elephant.
- She imagined that the man wanted to kill her.
- I imagine that he will need to rest after such a long flight.
- I cannot even imagine what you are up to!
- The board imagines the merger will increase profits by 25%
- Imagine that we were siblings.