1. the formation of a mental image of something that is not perceived as real and is not present to the senses
- popular imagination created a world of demons
- imagination reveals what the world could be
2. the ability to form mental images of things or events
- he could still hear her in his imagination
Definition categories: thought
3. the ability to deal resourcefully with unusual problems
Sentences with imagination as a noun:
- Imagination is one of the most advanced human faculties.
- You think someone's been following you? That's just your imagination.
- His imagination makes him a valuable team member.