1. a state of irritation or annoyance
Similar word(s): miff
Sentences with huff as a noun:
- With a huff, he lifted the box onto the back of the truck.
- Freyja left in a huff.
- Lewd, shallow-brained huffs make atheism and contempt of religion the sole badge […] of wit. — South.
1. inhale recreational drugs
- the kids were huffing glue
Similar word(s): snort
2. blow hard and loudly
- he huffed and puffed as he made his way up the mountain
Sentences with huff as a verb:
- The run left him huffing and puffing.
- Bread huffs.