1. To what degree.
- How often do you practice?
2. In what manner.
- How do you solve this puzzle?
3. Used as a modifier to indicate surprise, delight, or other strong feelings.
- How very interesting!
4. In what state.
- How are you?
- How was your vacation?
1. In which way; in such way.
- I remember how to solve this puzzle.
2. That, the fact that, the way that.
1. A greeting, used in representations of Native American speech.
1. The means by which something is accomplished.
- I am not interested in the why, but in the how.
2. (dialectal) An artificial barrow or tumulus.
3. (dialectal) A small hill in northern England. (Usage preserved mainly in place names.)