1. solid-hoofed herbivorous quadruped domesticated since prehistoric times
2. a padded gymnastic apparatus on legs
Definition categories: man–made, exerciser
3. troops trained to fight on horseback
- 500 horse led the attack
Similar word(s): cavalry
4. a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
5. a chessman shaped to resemble the head of a horse; can move two squares horizontally and one vertically (or vice versa)
Similar word(s): knight
Definition categories: man–made, chessman
Sentences with horse as a noun:
- A cowboy's greatest friend is his horse.
- These bone features, distinctive in the zebra, are actually present in all horses.
- We should place two units of horse and one of foot on this side of the field.
- All the King's horses and all the King's men, couldn't put Humpty together again.
- Now just remind me how the horse moves again?
- Every linebacker they have is a real horse.
- She's scored very highly with the parallel bars; let's see how she does with the horse.
- a clothes horse;
- Alright, mate, got any horse?