1. a structure of small hexagonal cells constructed from beeswax by bees and used to store honey and larvae
2. a framework of hexagonal cells resembling the honeycomb built by bees
Sentences with honeycomb as a noun:
- The wood porch was a honeycomb of termite tunnels before we replaced it.
1. carve a honeycomb pattern into
- The cliffs were honeycombed
2. penetrate thoroughly and into every part
- the revolutionaries honeycombed the organization
3. make full of cavities, like a honeycomb
Sentences with honeycomb as a verb:
- Termites will honeycomb a porch made of untreated pine.