1. On friendly terms; in friendly association.
1. (obsolete) At random; at a venture; hit and miss.
1. (obsolete) A toast made while touching glasses together.
2. A drinking together.
3. An informal chat.
- The three friends had a hobnob outside the bar.
1. rub elbows with
- He hobnobs with the best of society
Sentences with hobnob as a verb:
- The ambitious young student hobnobbed with the faculty at the prestigious college he hoped to attend.
- His favorite spot in the club was the bar, where he could hobnob with the big-wigs.